Director of Human Resources
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Pay: $110,000.00 - $115,000.00 /Year
Name: Sharon Polinski
Position Title: Director of Human Resources
Reports To: CEO
Position Summary: The Director of Human Resources is responsible for developing human resources programs, ensuring and participating in executing tactics specifically in the areas of talent acquisition and retention, development, performance management, employee relations, worker’s compensation, compliance, administration, benefits and compensation. Flexible and hands on, the Director of Human Resources is a proactive partner with operations to align human resources practices with company culture and the overall business plan.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
● Develops operational HR plans and tactics to support the achievement of the company’s overall business objectives; ensures effective change implementation.
● Establishes and implements people practices that effectively communicate the mission and pillars as well as support the company’s culture.
● Ensure the development and execution of comprehensive recruiting plans and tactics to meet the human capital needs of company.
● Ensures the development and execution of effective training and development programs that ensure diverse and high performing talent is in place to drive current and future business objectives.
● Works with the company’s leadership to establish a sound management succession plan that identifies both internal and external talent.
● Ensures effective performance management through regular performance feedback, goal setting and consistent progressive discipline practices; coaches management to consistently deliver.
● Ensures the company remains in compliance with all applicable Federal, State and Local Law.
● Ensures effective risk management processes and programs; provides management with reports, analysis and training such as harassment prevention.
● Effectively responds to and resolves employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, EEOC claims and unemployment.
● Evaluates, creates, updates and maintains policies and procedures that effectively guide management and employee behaviors of the company.
● Identifies, implements and maintains human resources technology that will improve the overall effectiveness of the company.
● Develops, maintains and provides analysis on simple, meaningful Human Resources metrics; benchmarking against industry standards.
● Partners in the development and implementation of motivating, comprehensive compensation and benefit programs that are competitive and cost effective for the company.
● Develops an annual Human Resources budget, effectively adjusting for trends and variances, measuring and analyzing results.
● Advocates for employees through effective listening, providing objective feedback, coaching leaders and consistently delivering on commitments.
● Develops an HR function/team that is viewed and acts as a true business partner to all disciplines in the company.
● Maintains up-to-date knowledge on HR issues/trends and legislation that have potential impact on the business; proactively informs management recommending a response to these trends/issues.
● A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; Human Resources or Management course of study preferred.
● PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
● Minimum five years progressively responsible human resources experience with a hospitality organization in a multi-unit environment; restaurant company preferred.
● Experience in restaurant/retail operations a plus.
● Demonstrated background in engagement and retention strategies, effectively handling employee relations, human resources policies and compliance required.
● Capable of thinking strategically while being hands on.
● Ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resources function.
● Approachable and accessible; develops and maintains effective relationships with all departments and employees; strong guest focus.
● Effectively balances visibility in operations with time needed in the office.
● Ability to work with a variety of leadership styles to build consensus around HR practices and tactics.
● Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities; strong time management skills.
● Highly flexible; demonstrates the ability to change directions quickly, re-set priorities and re-focus without losing sight of long and short-term initiatives.
● Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze information from multiple sources and solve problems quickly and effectively.
● Demonstrates confidence, strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
● Personal characteristics should include: high energy, sense of urgency, resilience, strong listening skills, integrity, good judgment, accountability and self-motivation.
TOOJAY’S is an Equal Opportunity Employer