Location: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL
Name: Benihana Fort Lauderdale
Greets and welcomes guests upon arrival. Answers telephone, takes reservations and manages the efficient and timely seating of guests to a table providing menu and server information once seated. Manages special seating requests consistent with table seating guidelines and table availability. Relays guest seating and information to servers and bus persons. Oversees dining room activity to ensure guest seating efficiency.
Experience and Education:
- Greets all guests warmly and with a smile upon their arrival and escorts them to a table, balancing the flow among the server stations.
- Ensures table selection corresponds with proper rotation, customer seating preference and size of party.
- Utilizes customer paging system when business dictates and as applicable.
- Assists with seating requests when necessary and provides customers with clean menus.
- Relays information to service staff, requests feedback from customers as to their experience and gives a final salutation upon exit from the restaurant.
- Maintains a clean and organized station. Ensures the cleanliness of menus, and keeps necessary stock of pens, pencils, menus and other departmental supplies.
- Promptly answers the phones with appropriate greeting.
- Responds to guest inquiries related to operating hours, reservations, directions to restaurant or other.
- Ensures backup coverage for host stand when necessary.
- Completes all side work requirements prior, during and after shift.
- Periodically checks restrooms for cleanliness and proper stocking of supplies.
- Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the t-shirt cabinet and t-shirt storage area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Previous host/hostess experience in restaurant or hospitality required.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Must 18 years of age or older.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
: Must be able to work in a standing position for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to work under stress, have excellent organizational skills and multi-task throughout shift. Must have a clean, professional appearance with excellent grooming habits.Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety
: Must be able to learn and describe menu items to guests when requested.Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, including holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as required.