Location: Durham, NC
- Arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Maintains utility storage rooms.
- Detects unclean areas and takes necessary action to ensure facility meets sanitation standards.
- Handles all equipment in a safe manner to prevent accidents.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of cleaning supplies and safe use.
- Receives and follows cleaning schedule/instructions.
- Cleans windows/mirrors in patient rooms, living/recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit areas.
- Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Vacuum and sanitize carpets.
- Cleans walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, etc.
- Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Cleans hallways and stairways.
- Disposes of waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles.
- Reports all unsafe/hazardous conditions, defective equipment, etc., to supervisor immediately.
- Reports and or replaces burned out light bulbs, to include, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, etc., to supervisor as soon as possible.
- Ensures that work/cleaning schedules are followed as outlined for respective shift/area.
- Ensures that work/assigned areas are clean and free of equipment, supplies, etc., before leaving such areas for breaks, end of work day, etc.
- Keeps work area/assignment free from hazardous objects such as protruding mop/broom handles, etc.
- Ensures that all cleaning supplies, equipment, etc., are properly stored at the end of shift/work day.
- Ensures biohazardous waste is handled correctly and is stored in the proper containers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. Qualifications Skills Behaviors
Team Player Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Detail Oriented Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Flexibility Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Licenses & Certifications