Housekeeping-Orem Rehabilitation & Nursing
Location: Orem, UT
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the Housekeeping Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Housekeeping, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc., daily as instructed.
- Clean, wash sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean an that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
- Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
We are looking to fill 2 part time positions. Shifts are from 7a-330p. Weekend availability is a required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Speaks, reads and writes English
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Occasional carrying of cleaning supplies. Requires frequent pushing and pulling of housekeeping carts.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Competitive pay and great team environment!
Orem Rehabilitation and Nursing Center
575 East 1400 South
Orem, Utah 84097
For immediate consideration, apply with this ad or phone 801-225-4741 and ask for Seth Moulton.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs