Housekeeping - Bainbridge Island Health and Rehabilitation
Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Bainbridge Island Health and Rehabilitation is looking for a full time Housekeeper to join our team of committed individuals to providing our patients a 5 Star experience. Our housekeepers play an important role in the patient, employee and family experience, which is why we need a team player that enjoys and takes pride in the work they do.Job Description
- Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc., daily as instructed.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc.
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and disinfecting.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean an that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
- Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Positive outlook and a strong work ethic
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Speaks, reads and writes English
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with the residents, personnel.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of this facility which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with all staff and residents within the facility, and be understanding of their unique emotional and physical needs.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds. Occasional carrying of cleaning supplies. Requires frequent pushing and pulling of housekeeping carts.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
Competitive pay and great team environment. Benefits, paid holidays, 401k matching, and paid time off are available to full time employees!
Bainbridge Island Health and Rehabilitation Center
835 Madison Ave N
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Bainbridge Island Rehabilitation Center is a workplace that is built on a foundation of Core Values that guide our daily actions and culture. Our Core Values are:
Passion for Learning
Love One Another
Intelligent Risk Taking
This is what makes us unique!
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs